Saturday, March 21, 2009

Smooshy & Silky

Told you I'd be back! The naughty earflap hat has been removed from the naughty pile (wow, naughty is a hard word for me to spell tonight) and the earflap has been frogged back completely. I tried tinking, but it got confusing -- too many wraps and bleaugh. I've started again, though I haven't gotten back to the problem area. Miss Priss is doing beautifully, though.

I will admit to starting another (mindless) project in the meantime. I don't know if I like it enough to continue it yet, so I'll hold off talking about it until I've made up my mind. It deserves its own post, though.

I made Hubs dig through the closet to find me one of my old binders. Man, I haven't even needed a binder in almost a year, which makes me a little nostalgic. I love Ravelry, but I do want to have a place to put printouts, so I bought some sheet protectors and am going to make a project binder. I should have bought some hole-punch protectors. My plan is to swatch (or at least have samples) and then punch holes in each pattern or paper, put the protector on, and then tie the ends of the swatch together in the back. That way I won't need glue or staples and the swatch will stay with each project. Did that make any sense?

I did promise more stash pictures, and I will deliver. First up is the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, which I bought hoping they'd be Rose's Wrist Warmers by Christina Slattery.

silkywool

However, now I might do a 180 and make them Branching Out, which actually calls for Silky Wool. I don't know! I haven't knit any lace yet, and I was hoping to practice cables with the wristwarmers. For now, though, Silky Wool lives safely in the stash.

The second thing skein I debated over. I pulled a ton of other skeins off the shelf. Other colors. Other brands. I agonized. I plunked two of them on the table and ignored them until about five minutes before closing before I picked one. I'd been going for the shocking pink, but surprised myself by buying the blue. I figure if I don't make socks (which I probably won't!), I can make a nice small shawl or something.

smooshylagoon

(Dream in Color's Smooshy in Blue Lagoon.) It was either that or Ruby River, which is also amazingly gorgeous, but I've been drawn a lot to blues lately. Don't even get me started on the Jitterbug I gave up. Only so much money to spend on yarn, you know.

No comments: