Sunday, September 12, 2010

IWTMT: Shipwreck Shawl

It appears to be Sunday again!

I think I just have a thing for Knitty patterns, especially Knitty patterns that I have no hope of ever actually making.

So I love the ocean, right? I wrote a poem once about standing on the beach after the apocalypse. (That, by the way, is totally normal for me.) There's a scene in one episode of Doctor Who where Amy Pond and the 11th Doctor are standing on a beach and she's wrapped in a drably-colored blanket and all of the colors are desaturated ... don't ask me why, but I love that. Which is funny, because I lovelovelove rich colors. I can't explain myself.

Anyway, this is all leading up to say that I could totally see myself standing on that post-apocalyptic shore wearing the Shipwreck Shawl (Rav link). Instead of waiting for my love to come home, I'd be mourning the loss of all humanity. Awesome.

Less awesome is the fact that it takes 1320 yards of fingering weight yarn and I only have 1128 skeins of that Araucania Ranco Multy. S%#t.

No comments: