Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Love is in the air!

Spring is in the air, blogland! It's a summery (:D) 52 degrees, the ice and snow are melting and little rivers are running pell-mell for lower ground. I've thrown open all the windows in order to introduce a little much-needed fresh air into the apartment. What a great day to have off! With a day like today, you want to run and get some silk and cotton and start on some new projects! But I must resist.

Did I mention I got my Valentine's day present early from hubs? He asked for a few ideas, and I came up with some, never thinking he'd go out and get something before I was done brainstorming! The LYS I work at has started carrying local consignment items, and he bought me a drop spindle kit with roving! I can't wait to learn how to spin it. I haven't come across anyone who can teach me yet, but I just ordered two books from Amazon. I can't wait to get them.

By the way, blog, I have neglected you for far too long. You deserve awesome pictures of colorful fibers and all that jazz. Here, have some Noro Striped Scarf:

nss

(Best section of that scarf, by the way.) That's the beauty of Kureyon. May not be as soft as Silk Garden, but sure is a heckuva lot more gorgeous. Speaking of Noro, wanna see my Christmas Iro? Yeah, I thought so.

iro

I'm thinking ... mittens.

But then ... there's the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk.

dbalpacasilk

(Something with cables.)

And the Rowan Kidsilk Night.

kidsilknight

(I want to do Ice Queen.)

Too much, blog? Have these cold, dreary, picture-less winter months left you gasping "The color! Enough!" and shielding your eyes? I suppose we wouldn't want to overload you, dear readers. No, don't want the warm weather and my awesome photographs to cause you pain or harm. SO I'll stop. But I'll be back.

Oh yes, I'll be back.




cottonkureyon

(Oh, Cotton Kureyon. I couldn't resist. I'm going away for real this time! I'll be back ... again.)

1 comment:

miukat said...

You'd better hurry if you want to be an ice queen...the ice is a-meltin' and won't be around much longer!