Monday, January 18, 2010

Help For Haiti -- Knitstyle!

Hopefully you haven't been living under a rock and you've heard about the horrid earthquake that hit Haiti barely a week ago. Support and donations have been pouring in from all over the globe. I like to think that crafty people also like to be charitable, and support has also been given by a little thing Raverly likes to call "Help For Haiti". Tons of designers are pledging to donate some of the money they make from certain designs to different charities that will help Haiti's recovery. So if you've been waffling over purchasing a certain pattern that's included in this group, now is a great time to buy!

I know it's tempting to want to make something and send it over, and that's such a great impulse, but what Haiti needs right now is money. Everybody benefits from this: I buy a pattern I already wanted, the designer makes some money, and we both feel good for having been charitable.

And yep, I totally bought a pattern: the Dipped Infinity Scarf I can't shut up about. The designer's chosen charity is Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders). It was easily purchased with my bank card through Paypal and I received a PDF copy saved to my Ravelry library. Convenient, exciting, and makes you feel good. What more could you ask for?

No comments: