Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mmm-Mmm Good

"Jen," you may be saying to yourself, "Jen, why do you leave us hanging so? Why do you blog about something going on and then never mention it again? I need closure."

First of all, though, I'd like to give an update on my Storm Moon Knits scarf. I was so glad to finish it, I really was. The color scheme, while awesome, wasn't quite me. The yarn also had some negative associations with the death of my brother. I posted it on Facebook to share with my friends and found someone local who seemed to love it. I offered it to her as a gift, and she accepted! I'm so happy the scarf has found a new home with someone who can fully enjoy it. (Though I'd seriously love to knit with the yarn again.)

So, we were looking for closure, were we? Closure for what? Ah, the blood drive! Did I get to donate? Did I buy red yarn? Did I mention I'm trying to knit from stash and not buy this year? How does that work?

Okay, okay, I did get to donate! I'd gone to my LYS and looked at some contenders, including Cascade Eco+ and Schaefer's Miss Priss in Clara Barton. The Miss Priss was especially seductive, but I've worked with it before, and I did want to try something new.

And then ... and then I found out my LYS had bought out the inventory of another store and now they had ... this.

DSC03652

Ahh. So pretty. So rich and varied. So awesome!

DSC03655

Yeah, I fell in love with a skein of Malabrigo and I haven't even knit with it yet.

No comments: