Sunday, January 3, 2010

Yay, I Didn't Kill the Blog!

Happy 2010, all! I may have taken a short break from crafting in the last days of 2009, but the new year has brought both endings and beginnings.

DSC03638

Pattern: One Row Handspun Scarf by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Yarn: Celestial Worsted from Storm Moon Knits, in colorway What Dreams May Come
Needles: Boye interchangeable set, size US 6
Timeline: 3.20.09-1.3.10
Modifications: None.

Opinion: The Celestial was a gift from a college friend that I received in the mail the day my brother died. It was a beautiful yarn, but I had some unfortunate associations with it. I finally cast on for the scarf in March of 2009, and languished with the finishing of it (I think I finished knitting in the summer). The pattern itself is easy and visually interesting. Having received blocking wires for Christmas, I decided it was time to weave in the last ends and block this sucker.

Random Thoughts: It's too bad Storm Moon Knits is taking a break from dying yarns. Love her eye! Originally I was disappointed with the length of the scarf, but I hadn't really done a lot of blocking yet. After blocking, the scarf is 78" x 5": much better!

Ahh, it's nice to have that finally finished.

Oh, and that beginning?

DSC03641

Yeah, that feels pretty good too.

No comments: