Tuesday, June 15, 2010

KnitPickariffic

My first KnitPicks order came today. My husband got my blocking wires from them, but this is my first order. Mine mine mine.

It all started with a ball winder. I wanted one, but my LYS had them for a very high price. Figuring it wouldn't hurt to poke around, I checked KnitPicks and they had one for $20. Sold! I like to support local, but a $50 price difference is a good motivator for the internet.

That would have been it, if I hadn't also put their knitting earrings on my Christmas wishlist and not received them. (Good job, honey.) From there, it's a very slippery slope into "I can get free shipping if I just spend $30 more!" I have a bruise from the fall.

I also got:
-50 Sensational Crochet Afghans & Throws (I forsee some not-free IWTMTs in your future)
-sock knitting needle holder (maybe this will get me to work on my socks)
-yarn cutter (now I don't have to hold the nail clippers hostage)

I managed to avoid the lure of yarn. Actually, I funded this little venture by selling some of my stash. Discontinued Kidsilk Night that I had for 2 years and did not use, you have gone to a good home. You made me enough money that I could get all this cool stuff. I can't complain about that.

No comments: