Sunday, June 27, 2010

IWTMT: Cambria Wrap

Apologies, blog: this week's IWTMT is a Raverly-only exclusive. Not signed up for Raverly yet? Why not?

Anyway, remember this yarn? The yarn I got at Webs? The yarn I got at Webs with no idea what I was going to make with it? I figured 3 would be enough. Yeah, 3 will be enough. 3 would be enough to knit to the moon and back, if my research is correct.

Anyway ... it's probably bad blogging (and bad English) to start two consecutive paragraphs with the same word, but I'm a child of the 90s, so you're lucky I didn't say "whatever". Regardless of the amount of yarn, I bought it exactly because it reminded me of the new blog name. While I'd love to knit some oceany wrap with it, the variegation might block some of the detail. It's tough looking through dozens of patterns, but you know, somebody's got to do it.

Please meet the Cambria Wrap (remember, Rav-only link & download!). While not quite oceany, the description says it's variegated-yarn friendly. It also doesn't hurt that it's quite pretty! And, since it only uses about 800 yards of fingering-weight yarn and I have 1128 yards of Araucania Ranco Multy stashed, I figure I can make something coastal out of the rest of it. Oh, I love leftovers!

No comments: