Friday, May 27, 2011

FO: Boneyard Shawl

Have you heard of the term "camnesia"? It's when you forget to take pictures of things. It's a very serious disability, which I totally have.

I finished my Boneyard back in April. I even wore it to work a few times, before it got to be 80 degrees. And I just haven't taken any pictures until today. Camnesia. Look it up.

In addition to camnesia, I also have badselfportraititis, so the weak of heart may want to turn away now. The self-timer button is not my friend.

Pattern: Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West.
Yarn: Approximately 115 grams of Kauni Wool 8/2 Effektgarn in EQ. My skein was 140 grams, so I attempted to do some math and I THINK I used 502.93 yards. But don't quote me on any of that.
Needles: Boye Needlemaster size US 6.
Timeline: 1.21.11 - 4.25.11

DSC04379

Opinions: A great pattern for my first triangular shawl. This pattern is easily adaptable to any weight yarn. Absolutely 100% will make again.

DSC04378

Random Thoughts: Try not to look at my electrical outlets or my butt in the first picture. I told you, badselfportraititis.

I wish I hadn't started this while on morphine. I screwed up some of the beginning increases. Also, you may notice the rainbow is upside-down. GOOD JOB, JEN. I mean, it's a design feature.

Kauni is a nice, nice yarn, but I don't like how it spit-splices, which is pretty much why I didn't cut the yarn when I did the EZ sewn bind-off. Never again, by the way. I will suck it up and spit-splice.

But I like it a lot and it's purty.

No comments: