Friday, September 2, 2011

Separated at Birth

First of all, this is what I've been doing with my time: 

DSC04585

That, my friends, is a baker's dozen of loom hats. I've used up 3 skeins of Bernat Caress (burgundy and the green/pink), 2 skeins of Jo-Ann's Sensations Margherita (orange), and the remnants of some Bernat Boa (blue). In fact, that blue hat up top? Except for what I snipped off after I was done weaving in the ends, I had nothing left over. Nothing. Do you know a. how lucky I was that I did that without measuring anything? and b. how awesome it is not to have a little ball of yarn left over?

I've been crawling through the stash trying to find more appropriate yarn (a.k.a bulky), and I found a skein each of Patons Cha Cha and Bernat Eye Lash that a friend gave me. Different brands, right? Different labels. Exact same yarn.

In fact, exact same color. I figure that's why she bought them.

DSC04588

Can you tell the difference? I can't.

DSC04587

Actually, I just looked at both labels and the address for Patons is the same as the address for Bernat. So I guess they are the same company. It just seems weird to make the same exact yarn in the same exact color under a different brand.

No comments: