Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Vant to Suck Your Blood

Your blood-red yarn, that is.

I signed up for an appointment to donate blood next Tuesday. There's this big marathon-type thing going on, and since I get out of work early on Fridays, it seemed perfect. Only problem? I haven't successfully donated blood in three years.

I tend to get deferred for a high heart rate -- though who wouldn't be at least a little nervous in a situation like that? I've tried several times, and no go. I've decided to bring my iPod and start a new charity hat, since knitting is soothing (when I do it right). And if it turns out I can't donate, at least I'll have gotten something productive done.

And, if I do donate, I think I'm going to reward myself for helping to alleviate my donor issues. I'm thinking beautiful blood-red yarn. What's the nicest blood-red yarn you've used? I'd love to try a yarn I haven't used yet -- maybe Malabrigo? Something in a lace-weight, even? Mmm, possibilities. Any tips on keeping calm while waiting? Wish me luck!

No comments: