Sunday, February 6, 2011

IWTMT: Annis

I'm beginning to think knitting things is like childbirth (something which, unlike kidney stones, I have never experienced). I've heard it sucks and then the endorphins kick in or something and you forget how much it sucked and you want to do it again.

Now, knitting the Boneyard shawl has been quite pleasant, mostly. I was afraid of running out of yarn so I only knit 12 garter stitch rows and then began the sewn bind off, which is taking forever because I actually had a ton of yarn left and I refuse to cut it. I have only bound off 5 stitches so far. I think this is the childbirth part. I know I'm going to love it when I'm done, but right now I kind of want to chuck it out the window.

At the same time, I'm looking for more shawl patterns. I think this is the endorphins part. That's why I think I want to make an Annis (Rav). Other people have made it with a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy and would you look at that? I have one of my very own.

I'd say talk me out of it, but I'm pretty sure it's easier to knit a shawl than it is to raise a child.

3 comments:

Amy said...

The Annis is a lovely shawl! I am also pretty sure it takes more to raise a child than knit a shawl, but on the good days of child rearing, I would say knitting shawls is very hard. :)

De said...

You are correct... I'm ready for another baby. And Annis is gorgeous. You need one, Jen.

Knititall said...

Annis is a great shawl and I can only recommend it. It's usually faster to do than raising a child, and you don't have parent-teacher conferences because of your shawl.