Wednesday, June 22, 2011

FO: Loom Hat

I may have cheated on my hiatus with a loom, but it turns out you can finish a project on a loom in a matter of hours, which is why I have a FO on a hiatus. The light sucks today and I hate the flash, so bear with the awful picture.

DSC04392

Pattern: The hat instructions that come with the Knifty Knitter round loom set. I don't know if there's an actual webpage or PDF for it, but it's on Ravelry here.
Yarn: Some amount of Caron Simply Soft held double. No, I didn't measure it. I will. (7.1.11 edit: The hat weighs 54 grams, which is approximately 100.8 yards.)
Loom: The red (child-sized) Knifty Knitter round loom.
Timeline: 6.19.11-6.20.11

Opinions: The Knifty Knitter is meant to be used with larger-weight yarns, which I didn't realize when I purchased it. Two strands of Simply Soft held together doesn't seem thick enough, and I hope the hat doesn't stretch as much on the child as it did on the foam head, because that is not going to be a warm hat. Otherwise, it was exceptionally easy and I can't wait to make more once my hand heals.

Random Thoughts: Poor Sally had an unintentional nose job. Please don't say anything about it, as she's very sensitive right now.

No comments: