Sunday, May 2, 2010

IWTMT: Darkside Cowl

It may have hit 80+ degrees today, but it snowed last week, so you really never know with Vermont. To that extent, I'm not throwing the winter knitting out the window just yet.

I've never made a cowl. I don't know that I'd look good in a cowl, but what a good use of just a little bit of luxury yarn!

For example, I have two skeins of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk Aran from Christmas 2008. At first I thought I'd make a hat, but apparently alpaca is going to stretch no matter what you do and I don't know that the slouchy look is for me. But then I found the Darkside Cowl, which is pretty and free (though only available as a Ravelry download) and people have made it out of two skeins of Alpaca Silk Aran. Score! (And it's totally okay for a cowl to stretch; it's fashionable.)

It could snow again. Really, you never know.

No comments: