Sunday, May 2, 2010

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2010: Day 7

There’s one love that we all share: yarn. Blog about a particular yarn you have used in the past or own in your stash, or perhaps one that you covet from afar. If it is a yarn you have used you could show the project that you used it for, perhaps writing a mini ‘review’. Perhaps, instead, you pine for the feel of the almost mythical qiviut? You could explore and research the raw material and manufacturing process if you were feeling investigative.

Hmm. If you haven't guessed by now, I'm a big fan of Noro, especially the Kureyon. The colors are so vivid! I've used Kureyon for two Noro Striped Scarves, Silk Garden for a third scarf, and Iro for my mittens featured in the last post. I also have some Cotton Kureyon and Silver Thaw stashed. Oh dear.

I do have a skein of qiviuk/qiviut. Are you jealous? I should have bought two, but I think I went into a coma and emerged with expensive yarn. Merino, silk and qiviuk. Yep. You're jealous.

DSC03439

This is my coffee table yarn. I pull it out to make others jealous, but I never read it ... I mean, I don't know what I'll make with it. Hopefully something before moths get to it. I'd never forgive myself then.

No comments: