Thursday, August 5, 2010

Finished Object: Amazing Striped Scarf

Hey, look! It's a finished object post! Haven't had one of these in a while. (Please ignore my dirty bathroom mirror. I've cleaned it now.)

DSC04104

Pattern:
Noro Striped Scarf as popularized by Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed
Yarn: 2 skeins of Lion Brand Amazing in colorway Olympia
Needles: US size 6 in my Boye interchangeable set
Timeline: 5.22.10 - 7.10.10
Modifications: I THINK I cast on 29 stitches.

Opinion: This is my fourth Noro Striped Scarf, so obviously I like the pattern and have a problem making other scarves. It's so classic!

Random Thoughts:
I started this in the car on the way down to Pennsylvania to see my sister's graduation. This was also my "waiting for the bus to come" knitting. I was inspired to try a NSS with just one colorway by my friend Cindi and the "Gloaming Scarf" by jenna-b on Ravelry, who had also made the scarf in the Olympia colorway.

Many people commented on how I was making a scarf in the middle of the summer. Haha, now I have a scarf and you don't.

DSC04108

No comments: