Sunday, August 1, 2010

IWTMT: Sock Yarn Blanket

Hi, blog. I've been quiet lately because I started my Crazy Zauberball socks and it's just like knitting with Noro. I. Can't. Stop. Knitting. Which is good, because I'm working on size 1 needles and therefore it's taking forever.

Speaking of sock yarn and things that take forever (hey-o! what a transition), I am very glad I'm into making socks right now, because I have a lot of sock yarn. In fact, let me list it so I will be ashamed. I have:

1. Araucania Ranco Multy
2. Colinette Jitterbug
3. Crystal Palace Yarns Mini Mochi
4. Dream in Color Smooshy
5. Red Heart Heart & Sole
6. Schoppel-Wolle Crazy Zauberball

And that's just counting the yarns Ravelry classifies as "fingering". It's a little sick for someone who hasn't actually completed a sock yet. But since now I'm liking making socks, this means I might actually finish some. And when you finish things, sometimes you have leftovers.

With my worsted weight acrylic-blend leftovers, I'm making the Crapghan. What do you make with sock yarn leftovers? Why, you make the Sock Yarn Blankie, of course. It's a free pattern/tutorial from Shelly Kang. I'm enjoying learning new techniques with my projects lately, and mitered squares are something I haven't tackled yet.

Going through all the projects on Ravelry makes it clear my little sock yarn stash ain't nearly enough to make a blanket, but I can always get more yarn!

No comments: