Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Sheepies

On Friday, hubs and I went to dinner at the house of our friends who own sheep. Theoretically I am going to get one of the fleeces off the girls, but our friends are learning all about washing and processing first so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. I believe our guy friend said they were Shetland mixes, but he didn't know what else they were.

Please pardon the terrible pictures; I'd only brought my cell phone.

mms_picture

The girls sure were aloof! We tried tempting them with food but they weren't fooled. I hope to get one of Tolstoy or Dostoyevsky's fleeces -- they are the dark ones. Apparently they were named before it was discovered they were girls. At one point, all four of them filed past the fence in neat color order and stared at us. It was a little like being back in high school.

theboys

The boys were a lot more friendly, as you can see. They spent most of their time laying in my husband's lap, though I managed to tempt Poe (the dark one) away for a little while. Sorry I don't have a better shot of you, Oliver!

me_n_poe

It was a great evening and a fun opportunity to meet some sheep in person. I would love to spin with their fleeces!

No comments: