Thursday, August 12, 2010

Finished Object: Seed Stitch Scarf

I was hesitant to put this up as a Finished Object post for two reasons. One, I haven't woven in the ends yet. Two, I'm supposed to tell my LYS what I think of the yarn.

I'm going to put it up anyway, for three reasons. One, I did block it, and that's close enough for me. Two, it's summer. I'll tell the store about it when I've worn the scarf. Three, I don't have anything else to post.

DSC04098

Pattern: No real pattern. I cast on a number of stitches, which escapes me now (but I'm sure it was an odd number), and knit in seed stitch until it looked like I was going to run out of yarn. Helpful, I know.
Yarn: 1 skein of Zealana Kia Ora Kauri Worsted Weight in colorway K11. The website calls this color Pink Roha.
Needles: US size whoops didn't write that down either. The ballband suggests a 7, so I probably used a 6.
Timeline: 5.11.10 - sometime later. Look, I did most of my work on this in moving vehicles. I didn't have time for notes. I think I finished the knitting in the car either on the way down to or on the way back from my sister's graduation, which puts the end knitting date either on May 20th or May 22nd.
Modifications: n/a

Opinion: Please keep in mind these are all strictly knitting-related, not wearing-related. I loved the saturation of the color, though it bled a lot in the Eucalan wash. It did keep a nice deep color though, and blocked very well. While knitting, the possum (?) hairs (the dark hairs) did seem a bit scratchy. I'll have to see how this feels while wearing.

DSC04110

No comments: