Let's check in, shall we?
1. Not buy yarn.
Compared to last quarter I did pretty well. The only yarn I purchased was a skein of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. I did win 3 skeins in a contest, so I will count their yardage even though I didn't buy them.
2. 1st in, 1st out.
I'm doing better here. An early entry into my stash is the Caron Simply Soft in Dark Country Blue, which I used in my loom hat. So it's not gone, but it's getting used. Once my hiatus is done I have another loom hat started with the same yarn.
3. Craft for charity first.
Loom hat! I don't know where it's going to be donated, but I fully intend to whip out a bunch of hats from my stash. But I did make one, at least.
4. Projects for others before myself.
I totally finished my sister's Sneaky Snakes hat before making my Gaenor shawl.
5. 2 skeins a month.
I'm beginning to think this is a flawed goal. Noble, but flawed.
6. USE IT UP.
Well, nothing was completely removed from stash, so I suppose this is technically a fail.
I did crunch some numbers this quarter, which may redeem me.
1. Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted - 190 yards
2. Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool XL - 104 yards
3. Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran - 104 yards
4. Elsebeth Lavold Twice Tweed - 82 yards
Total: 480 yards
1. Gaenor shawl - 399.5 yards
2. Boneyard shawl - 502.9 yards
3. Sneaky Snakes hat - 133.2 yards
4. Loom hat - 100.8 yards
5. Dryer balls (wool) - 104.5
6. Dryer balls (acrylic) - 190.5
Total: 1431.4 yards
So, if you subtract the second total from the first total, you get -951.4 yards total gain, which you may notice is actually a loss! Almost a thousand yards out of stash in 3 months?
I'm going to consider that a success.