Sunday, October 16, 2011

FO: Gaenor (#2)

I've been horrible about actually photographing some of the stuff I've finished, which is why it seems like I'm the world's worst crafter. This FO has been done for a while, but the recipient has finally received it, so I can talk about it now!

Pattern: Gaenor (on Ravelry)
Yarn: I dyed the yarn from a Ewe Dye It kit at my LYS. (I don't own the kit; they opened one at the store.)
Needles: US size 7 on my Boye interchangeable set
Timeline: 8.5.11-8.19.11

So this hand-dyed yarn

myyarn

turned into this shawl:

DSC04565

The colors aren't perfect, but you get an idea of how crazy it is!

Opinions: I liked the Gaenor pattern enough I made it twice! I didn't have yardage on this skein, just weight, so this was perfect.

DSC04566

Random Thoughts: I am a strange dyer. Most of my color "repeats" were 3 stitches or less, and some were just one stitch.

I have nicknamed this Water Lilies. Nobody knew this but me.

It was very difficult to send this to my mother-in-law. Hope she likes it!

No comments: