Saturday, October 1, 2011

As Much As Possible: 3rd Quarter

Wow! I can't believe it's October. I mean, finally! Here's the 3rd quarter report. I hesitate to say it's better than last quarter, but we'll see.

1. Not buy yarn.

I did not buy a single skein. I really didn't. A friend gave me two skeins of Debbie Bliss Stella, which adds 182 yards to stash, but it was a gift!

2. 1st in, 1st out.

No measurable progress here, but I have about half a dozen projects that are using various old yarns, and I haven't bothered to measure what I've used.

3. Craft for charity first.


Um. Well, any of the loom hats that don't sell next week are being donated to Pat Pat's Hats! I've also learned how to make granny squares, and I have 3 finished to give to Green Mountain Fibers for blankets they're putting together.

4. Projects for others before myself.

Loom hats! Granny squares!

5. 2 skeins a month.

Nope.

6. USE IT UP.

I gave a lot away.

Okay, so we're still in a so-so position here, but wait until you see the numbers.

Used or given away:

1. Patons Berber Cotton - 230 yards
2. Lion Brand Homespun - 185 yards
3. 2 skeins Patons Divine - 284 yards
4. 2 skeins Lion Brand Jiffy Solid - 270 yards
5. Berroco Candy FX - 68 yards
6. Berroco Chinchilla - 77 yards
7. Brunswick Bermuda II - 105 yards
8. Lion Brand Fun Fur - 64 yards
9. Sirdar Funky Fur - 147 yards
10. Unger Plantation - 153 yards
11. 3 skeins Bernat Caress - 304 yards
12. 2 skeins Lion Brand Trellis - 230 yards

And that's not counting a lot of what I used in the loom hats, since some of those were partial skeins and I gave the rest away to a kindergarten teacher. Assuming the math is correct, though, that's 2269 yards out, or almost 1.29 miles.

Purchased or given:

1. 2 skeins Debbie Bliss Stella - 182 yards

So that's a net loss of 2087 yards, or 1.18 miles. Yeah, I can live with that.

Also, tomorrow I am going to the Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival. I've been a good girl, I haven't bought any yarn in 3 months, I gave away over a mile of yarn, and I have been saving my money for months.

Justification? Oh yes. Do I care? Nope.


No comments: