Tuesday, October 18, 2011

On Being an Idiot

So if you've been reading for any length of time, you know all about the naughty Binary Scarf, which was supposed to be my husband's Valentine's Day present in 2009. (At least, I think so. I'm officially fuzzy on the details.) I finally started it in 2010, dropped a stitch somewhere around Thanksgiving 2010, and put it in the naughty pile, where it has lived for almost a year.

Well, today is our 3rd wedding anniversary, and I thought I would pull it out and see if I couldn't fix it. Lo and behold, I managed to get back to 66 stitches, which is more progress than I have made in said year. I'm sure I went wrong somewhere, but hey, progress.

So once I did that, I started to look for my little notebook so I could see what letters I was on, since I brilliantly wrote the message down in a tiny notebook that's not hard to lose, no siree bob.

I just spent the last half-hour looking for it. I mean, this was worse than my tendency to lose my interchangeable set AND darning needles combined.

And then I remembered that I took it with me to VT Sheep & Wool. Duh.

There is a danger to having like 6 tote bags devoted to knitting, and why would I look in the bag that's been at my feet for two weeks? Because that makes sense. But anyway, I found it, so maybe I'll even work on this thing at some point in the near future.

By the way, future self? GREEN GOES IN THE LEFT HAND.

No comments: