Sunday, March 21, 2010

IWTMT: Rose's Wrist Warmers

I have a little secret to share with you all: I'm a nerd. I've watched Star Trek and Star Wars, and, not only can I tell the difference between them, I can carry on a conversation about them. I read Penny Arcade and XKCD. And I have an unholy love for David Tennant.

I first started watching Doctor Who a few years ago. I was jobless and had a lot of free time. My first exposure to British sci-fi had actually been as a kid, when I watched Red Dwarf on PBS. I still don't get British humor, but they've got some cute guys on the telly.

Anyway, there's this one episode called Doomsday, and it's terribly sad, but one of the main characters is wearing these really awesome mitts. I actually blogged about wanting to make them exactly a year ago. (Wow! I swear I don't plan this stuff out in advance.) A year later, I haven't made Rose's Wrist Warmers (Rav link), but I still want to. Yep, I'm a nerd.

In other news, I'm narrowing down new names for the blog and hope to choose one soon. I know I said I wasn't going to change the URL, but I think I will once I decide. I'll change the name first and then let you know what the URL will be. I don't think anything will change if you've subscribed, but I'm not too sure. I think the new name will reflect who I am as a person and a crafter a lot better. Plus, it won't sound as dumb when I'm telling people about my blog!

No comments: