Sunday, March 28, 2010

IWTMT: Butterfly Moebius

(Before we get into IWTMT, this is the third day in a row I've posted. I think that's a record.)

Normally I try to post IWTMTs that are free patterns or one where you can see the individual pattern without purchasing the book. That's not the case this week, so I'm just going to link to someone else's blog so you can see their awesome project. This lady has no idea I'm doing this, by the way.

When I went to the Spinnery on Friday, I brought my two Clara Parkes books, The Knitter's Book of Yarn and The Knitter's Book of Wool. My hope was that I'd magically find a yarn that I loved and a project that would go well with that yarn, and it would be a match made in heaven. Luckily, I found two.

This week's IWTMT is the Butterfly Moebius from The Knitter's Book of Yarn. If you're curious what a Butterfly Moebius looks like, you can check out this blog or Ravelry. I liked this pattern from the moment I saw it in the book, and finding the Forest sock yarn at the Spinnery was like fate whacking me over the head and saying "you have to make this now, dummy". Ah, fate. Gotta love it.

No comments: