Sunday, July 18, 2010

IWTMT: French Market Bag

I'm really beginning to think renaming (and re-URLing) the blog has broken it. Not a single hit this past week. Ouch. That's okay, I can be persistent.

It might have something to do with the seven loads of laundry I did this past week, but I've been on a felting kick. I washed the afghan of unknown origin and am pleased to report that it is acrylic. I was pretty sure, but the fringe had "felted" together over the years so I wasn't completely positive. I think it's more likely they melted together a little in the dryer. (I, of course, put it in on low heat.)

I haven't felted anything yet. Nowhere near to making something I can felt. But I keep finding projects I adore, and of course I want to share them with you. This week I want to run out and get some Cascade 220 and make the French Market Bag (Ravelry link) from the winter 2003 Knitty. It's so classy, and would be perfect to bring to my local farmers market. How cute would it be to have one in each color of the rainbow?

No comments: