Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sell The Stash: LB Trellis

Not much has been going on in crafty land. I sold 3 skeins of Lion Brand Trellis out of my stash. Two more skeins are tied up in the attempt I've been making at a poncho for at least two years. I think -- and I hate to say this -- that I'll just throw it out. Now I don't have the yarn for it, and the yarn I do have is two different dye lots. Yeah, not a clue about dye lots 2 years ago.

I'm down 5 balls out of my stash, since I sold the Patons Rumor and knitted up a Cascade 220 in the Binary Scarf. My year-end goal is to destash 10 balls, since we're going to be knitting sweaters in my knitting guild. Having never knit a sweater, I don't really know what a "sweater quantity" is, but at the LYS that's usually a bag of 10.

1 Cascade 220 + 1 Patons Rumor + 3 Lion Brand Trellis = 649 yards down. That's not terrible, right?

I hit 50% of the way done on the Binary Scarf a few weeks ago and my brain shut down. For 10+ months I'd been knitting the same way and all of a sudden I had to change it. AND I decided to change the message for the second half. You knit bottom-up for the first half, and I had to read my numbers backwards and bottom-to-top so they'd read right. Now I get to read left-to-right and top-to-bottom, but the numbers are knitted upside down. I don't deal well with change. I just struggled my way through 2 digits/6 rows of this. Only 73 more digits to go. No wonder this is taking forever.

I'm one of those people who needs to imagine exactly how something is done before I do it. This makes me spectacularly bad at things like: driving, cooking, crossing the street and crafting. It's one of the reasons I don't tend to do complicated stuff. I'm trying to get over it.

P.S. If I've been knitting wrong on this Binary Scarf, or if I just started knitting wrong on the second half, it might be better if you didn't tell me.

No comments: