Sunday, October 31, 2010

IWTMT: Gaenor

After last week's IWTMT, I'll admit it. I went out and bought the Habitat pattern. And two others. Guess what you'll be getting for the next two IWTMTs?

I am a sucker for sock yarn, as you may know. But really, most of it is way too pretty to hide on my feet. (Not to mention my failure to complete more than 1 pair of socks.)

So instead, I apparently buy shawl patterns like Gaenor (Rav). Gaenor is nice for a number of reasons, which I will list here:

1. Garter stitch that looks pretty and makes variegated yarns look good.
2. No picking up stitches (which I suck at).
3. Reversible.
4. Increase until you hit 1/2 your yarn, then decrease.
5. Start with 2 stitches, end with 2 stitches.

Uh, yeah. Sold.

3 comments:

Signgirl said...

I've been lusting after this one myself!

Jen said...

I'm being a very good girl and not starting it, which is absolutely killing me!

Kellie said...

I LOVE sock yarn too! But I only crochet and have not actually attempted socks. But I love finding other ways to use wonderfully colored sock yarn.