Monday, October 11, 2010

Finished Object: Butterfly Moebius

It's not often I get to post a finished object that's also an IWTMT. So far, I think it's really only been the Amanda Hat.

When I visited Green Mountain Spinnery back in March, I went equipped with an idea of something I wanted to make. That something was the Butterfly Moebius from Clara Parkes' The Knitter's Book of Yarn. I even found yarn! I bought this gorgeous skein of Sock Art Forest. I even finished knitting the moebius in time for my sister's college graduation in May, right before I moved.

Granted, it ended up being 90 degrees at my sister's graduation. I forgot my strapless bra. I ended up wearing red polyester. My skin is finally beginning to recover from the sunburn, by the way.

My point is that I finished the Butterfly Moebius almost five months ago. I'd lost and found the camera, but I'd lost and not found my project until not too long ago. Then I made my husband take a lot of pictures. Ah, the perks of marriage. Please ignore my tie-dyed shirt, if you could. I was more interested in getting the pictures taken than I was accessorizing.

Pattern: Butterfly Moebius from Clara Parkes' The Knitter's Book of Yarn
Yarn: Less than 1 skein of Green Mountain Spinnery's Sock Art Forest in green
Needles: US size 7 circular for cast on, size 6 for knitting
Timeline: I bought the yarn on 3.26.10. I cast on 04.10.10. I finished sometime before mid-May. Who knows.

DSC04203

Opinions: Love. Loved the pattern. Loved the yarn. It's a little hard to arrange on yourself properly, but get someone to help you and you're golden.

DSC04206

Random Thoughts: Once I found my project and it got cold enough, I wore it to work. I kept track of how many compliments I got without telling the person it was hand-made. I got 6. Not bad.

Also, later that night I got my eyebrows waxed for the first time I ever. I was excited to look vaguely French, so I made my husband do another photoshoot. I neglected to think about how red my forehead looked. This picture is in black and white because of that.

DSC04263

Did I miss my calling as a model?

No comments: