Saturday, October 2, 2010

Stash: Gift Certificate!

Everyone I know went to the Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival today, and I don't get to go until tomorrow, so I took pictures of yarn to console myself. And maybe to guilt myself into not buying anything tomorrow. I don't think it will work.

I did some work for my LYS a few months ago and got a gift certificate. I was trying really hard not to spend it. Then I decided, screw it, what if the yarn I like isn't there anymore? Which is exactly what happened. I still got good yarn, though.

DSC04215

Malabrigo Sock in Abril. Shawl, I hope.

DSC04194

Two skeins of Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran colorway 183. I want this to be a hat.

DSC04218

Kauni Wool 8/2 Effektgarn in EQ. Yes, I caved for rainbow.

DSC04225

Araucania Ruca in colorway 103. Araucania seems to be a new favorite of mine.


I wanted a skein of Madelinetosh Tosh Sock, the Kauni and the Malabrigo Sock, but someone bought the green Tosh Sock while I was waffling on it, so I had to come up with a new way to allocate my gift certificate. I'm still pleased with my purchases, and I got more yarn out of the deal. I also bought a little "rate of increases/decreases" keychain so I could fully use my gift certificate. All in all, I spent under $2.

I have a feeling that won't be the case tomorrow.

No comments: