Monday, April 12, 2010

Fiber Daddy

My LYS will be carrying spinning wheels. Despite deciding that I didn't want a wheel for Christmas, I think I want a wheel now. No, I still don't know how to use my drop spindle. That's okay.

I've crunched some numbers and I think this is doable. The wheels themselves are going to be about $800, give or take. Then factor in tax, and I guess I'm looking at about $860. That's not too bad. I get some fun money each paycheck, and I've got a good $30 I can put to it right now. So that's only $830. At this rate of savings, that will take me ... oh, like a year. Well, that's no good. Then again, I have a birthday coming up, and maybe someone will give me money. And if that doesn't pan out, there's always Christmas.

But I'll need practice fiber. Lots and lots of practice fiber. And lessons would probably be good. And maybe a niddy noddy.

Have you ever heard of a sugar daddy? I need a fiber daddy.

No comments: