Friday, April 30, 2010

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2010: Day 5

Where do you like to indulge in your craft? Is your favourite arm chair your little knitting cubby area, or do you prefer to ‘knit in public’? Do you like to crochet in the great outdoors, perhaps, or knit in the bath, or at the pub?

I certainly don't mind taking my crafting out in public. I ride the bus to work, so I've knitted/crocheted at the bus station and on the bus (never anything too complicated, though). I craft in the car if my husband is driving. I once took my knitting on a bus from Vermont to Boston, though it was too dark to knit on the bus to Rhode Island. I've knitted on the shore of a reservoir and dragged a chair outside on my little deck to enjoy some sunshine and crafting.

Inside the house, I have a separate room set aside for crafting.

craftroom1

It's arranged differently now, but you get the drift.

My mother bought me a chair for Christmas that she hoped I would knit in. It's very comfy!

DSC03719

See Mom, I do use it.

Honestly, as long as I can be comfy and pay the necessary attention, I don't mind where I'm crafting. I do currently draw the line at crafting in the bathroom. It just seems like a bad idea all around.

No comments: