Thursday, April 29, 2010

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2010: Day 4

Is there a skill related to your hobby that you hope to learn one day? maybe you’re a crocheter who’d also like to knit? Maybe you’d like to learn to knit continental, knit backwards, try cables or attempt stranded colourwork.

Perhaps the easiest place to start is the Knitter's Geek Code. I tried to muddle through it once, but I guess I'm not enough of a geek. However, it's a good way to see what you have and haven't done.

For example, the first part of the code asks if you knit English or Continental. I knit English, but I've sort of taught myself Continental so I can do stranded colorwork more often. (I guess this isn't a helpful example of something I'd like to learn.)

Ooh, there's something I haven't done: entrelac. I wasn't really a fan of entrelac until I saw a piece that was blocked properly. I've also seen some gorgeous pieces made with Noro yarn that have made me consider it. I'd like to add this to my knitting arsenal. I've also never done intarsia. Never Magic-Looped either.

While it's not on the knitter's geek code, I'd also love to learn wheel spinning, if you haven't figured that out already! Eventually I'd even like to break out into quilting. Just what I need, another hobby.

No comments: